The Meet the Bloggers blog hop is brought to you by: I Still Want More Puppies, Go Pet Friendly, Kol’s Notes, Life With Desmond, No Dog About It Blog, The Daily Dog Blog, My Brown Newfies, CindyLu’s Muse, Bringing Up Bella, Heart Like A Dog, Rescued Insanity, Peggy’s Pet Place, and NEPA Pets.
This group of bloggers got together and decided that we needed to share a bit more of ourselves on our blogs, instead of just our pets. You do see me in photos on here from time to time, and I’ve even shared some stories about myself, but for the most part I am a very private person, and sharing about myself is not always easy. However, I sure would like to know more about my fellow bloggers, so it seems only fair that I join in and share about myself!
We were asked to include a current photo of ourselves and given a list of questions to choose from and were asked to answer at least 5 of them:
1. What’s your favorite non-animal related movie? My favorite movie of all time is the 1973 classic “The Sting”. It is the story of a young con man in 1930’s Chicago who teams up with the master of the big con to avenge the murder of his partner. It stars Paul Newman and Robert Redford. You actually have to watch it 2 or 3 times to catch all the details of the con….but with those two actors in it, that isn’t really so hard to do!
2. What’s your favorite holiday? My first thought was Christmas, but as much as I love it, Christmas is always so hectic. So I’d have to say Thanksgiving. It’s all about family, thankfulness, and togetherness, and that’s the best (all the food is pretty good too). Plus it kicks off the Christmas season!
3. What’s your favorite meal? New England boiled dinner. My mom always made it with ham (not corned beef), and that’s the way I love it. Ham, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. My hubby doesn’t like the cabbage, but it’s not complete without it!
4. What do you like to do in your free time? Free time? What’s that? Since I’ve started blogging I really don’t have much of that anymore. But other than playing or exercising with the dogs, my next favorite activity is gardening.
5. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be? I wish I had learned earlier in life how much I loved dogs. (I was 30 years old when I found out what dogs were really all about). I would have pursued a career in the pet industry. Not being a veterinarian, because medical science is not my thing. But I might have tried to become a dog trainer.
6. What’s one thing you could do to be kind to yourself? Give myself a break. I try to do it all, and I pretty much don’t let up on myself unless I’ve accomplished what I feel I needed to every day. I constantly have several “to do” lists going, and I can’t relax until I’ve at least crossed off a few things.
OK, enough about me!! Follow the links below and read about my fellow bloggers!