Back in December, just before Christmas, Pamela from Something Wagging This Way Comes passed on the Super Sweet Blogging Award to me. I thanked her immediately, in her comments, but have been neglectful in completing the requirements for accepting. I was also supposed to thank her through a blog post. I have a whole lot of excuses, not that you probably want to hear them (it was the holidays; etc. etc.). I had a list of topics for my blog all ready to go at that time. I’m sure the day will come when I get writer’s block and am looking for something to write about, but I certainly can’t wait until then to thank her properly, and pass on the award to another.
I feel honored that Pamela gave me this award, as she writes one of my favorite blogs. Pet bloggers are a special group, and they go out of their way to welcome newbies like me. I tried to find the origin of this award, to no avail, but I do believe it is awarded to all types of blogs, not just pet related ones. All I could ascertain for sure was that it has been making the rounds since last fall.
There are rules: I have to answer five questions, and then pass along the award to a baker’s dozen of other blogs that I think are sweet.
- Cookies or cake? Absolutely cake. The only reason I still want to celebrate my birthdays is so I can get cake.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla for sure. I am not a chocolate nut like a lot of people are. I always have to be different. I like chocolate, but especially with ice cream will always choose vanilla first.
- What is your favorite sweet treat? York Peppermint Patties. I like the mini ones. Just two will satisfy my sweet cravings, and that is a good thing.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? All of the time! I inherited a relentless sweet tooth from my father.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? I do have one! My husband always calls me “Honey”.
OK, like it’s not bad enough it took me over a month to post this, but now I am going to break the rules. I noticed some other bloggers did so also, so hopefully I won’t get in trouble! I wonder if they could take the award back? 🙂
Since this award has been travelling the blogosphere for a while now, I think a lot of my favorite blogs have already received it. Therefore, I am going to award it to just one blog, which is fairly new, newer than me, and as far as I could see, has not received this award yet.
Coralee started her blog Bark and Chatter just back in the fall. There is a lot of sweetness to be found on there. One of her posts was about life lessons from her father. She has a page where she features a “dog of the month” with stories about special dogs. She has some super sweet animals too. This Black & White Sunday post features one sweet cat and one sweet dog. So head on over there and check out Bark & Chatter. I proudly pass on this award to her, and we’ll see if Coralee is better able to follow all the rules than I was!