We were pleased to get offered the opportunity to try one of Hound & Co’s subscription boxes. Who doesn’t love a subscription box? It’s always fun to see what might show up every time you get one. To be honest, when we received Hound & Co’s box, at first I was a little surprised that it seemed on the small side compared to other boxes we had tried.
Disclosure: We received a complimentary subscription box from Hound & Co. with no obligation to post about it unless we enjoyed it – which we did! All opinions are our own.
However, I was impressed with the amount of quality products they squeezed into that little box! That’s one thing with some other boxes we’ve tried – I’m not always impressed with the quality of the items included. Many times, there are treats that I don’t want to feed to my dog because of the ingredients. That was certainly not the case here.
Never heard of Hound & Co? They are a “marketplace for all things hound”. Hound & Co brings together sellers of unique dog-related products all in one place where dog lovers can find them. They focus on devoted dog owners, small businesses, and rescue organizations (a portion of their profits support rescues). They are seeking to become the most comprehensive resource for hand-crafted dog products on the market.
All of their products are made by dog lovers for dog lovers! They cater to the fashionista with a wide variety of accessories and outfits. The first time I visited their website, I fell in love with some of the coats on there, and one of these days I’m going to get one for Luke (even though he doesn’t need another coat!). Hound & Co also doesn’t forget dog lovers and they offer an assortment of dog-related accessories for the humans! When I visited their website before writing this post, I could hardly drag myself off that page! They have a lot to offer.
They put our box together with us in mind and here is what we received:
- A custom dog breed print from Quotable Life. They have a wonderful variety of breeds to choose from in many different sizes, perfect for framing.
- Big Daddy Biscuits. Anything that says “Farm to Table” is right up our alley! These all natural, organic dog biscuits are bite-size and crunchy. The ingredients are sourced from Georgia farmers, and “farm fresh eggs” are even on the list (just like our own).
- Annie’s Sweet Treats. While Luke loved the biscuits above, these treats really made him drool! I have to admit they even smelled good to me. These are grain-free, handmade, and have a short list of ingredients; which is always a good thing in our book.
- Poop Bag Holder from The Hands of All Hands LLC. They specialize in sports teams, fun prints, and bright colors on all their custom dog collars, leashes, bandanas, poop bag holders and bow ties. We thought it kind of ironic that we got one with foxes on it, but these foxes are cute (unlike the ones that terrorize our farm birds!).
- Luxury Dog Scarf from Bumble & Hound. They make scarves and accessories by hand in the American South. 20% of every purchase from them supports local rescues. While I wondered how a black scarf would look on our black and white dog, I think it gives him a very sophisticated look – he’s ready for the next black-tie affair! They have a variety of more colorful scarves if you prefer.
I definitely prefer quality over quantity, and I loved this box. The handmade and homemade aspect appeals to me, and it’s important to me to know I am supporting small entrepreneurs rather than big businesses. The boxes run from $27 to $30 depending on the length of your subscription, and shipping is free. You can learn more about Hound & Co by following them on their social media:
Sign up for their newsletter and receive 10% off your first order. Just visit their website and follow the link at the top of the page to sign up. Then go look at all the wonderful products you can purchase, or get a box and be surprised!