I’ve always been a bit obsessively neat. I like everything in my house to have a place and be in it. I also love to decorate for Christmas and have things looking pretty and festive. Both of those things can become a bit more challenging when you have pets. Whether it’s having to put your Christmas tree in a safe place up and away from your dogs or cats, or have less chew-able decorations within reach, pet parents often have to make compromises.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by West Paw, but we only share products we have tried and believe in. West Paw is not responsible for the contents of this post; all opinions are our own. This post does also contain affiliate links* If you order through those links, we will receive a small commission – and greatly appreciate your support.
My compromose this Christmas season was having to keep the dogs’ crate in the living room, and work our small tabletop Christmas tree around that. Our house isn’t huge, so we don’t have a lot of extra space. I like to keep the crate out because Cricket likes to sleep in it some, and because we’re trying to use it more for Luke when company comes over. We have already used it once for that purpose recently, and he did very well! Although there was still some barking, he overall seemed much happier there than down in our bedroom. He settled down quite well as the evening went on. This is such an important step for us to get him more used to strangers.
Luke rarely goes in the crate unless I make him, so even though he’s gotten more used to it, he doesn’t love it. Therefore, I wanted to make it a place where he might want to spend more time, and that I wouldn’t mind looking at every day. We have a pretty bed in there, but I wanted something that fit in a bit more with our Christmas décor. Thanks to the help of West Paw and their Holiday Collection, I was able to accomplish both things!
We received the items seen below, and filled the crate with them to make it a more festive and happy place!
- Hurley in Limited Edition Holiday Color – Ruby. This Zogoflex toy will stand up to any chewing and keep your dog occupied while you have holiday company. It’s also fun for tossing outside! Bonus – it’s even dishwasher safe, so easy to keep clean!
- The Big Sky Blanket in size medium was more than big enough for our large crate, and the Crimson Ice color is gorgeous! We were already using Big Sky blankets in there to give extra protection to the bed in case Cricket has an accident. These blankets are cozy with faux-suede on one side and plush fleece on the other. It’s durable and stands up to as many washings as it needs (I know because I’ve washed our older ones, which I’ve used for both kitty Sam and the dogs, and they clean well).
- Luke didn’t have any trouble picking out a favorite toy this time, and the plush Holiday Boogey with squeaker was the big winner.
- He did also give the Ruff-N-Tuff Reindeer some attention too. I’m pretty sure he was wondering if he could pull off its nose! We’ll keep you posted on that.
- I’m hoping I can occupy Luke with this Holiday Mitten* outside so he doesn’t keep stealing my gloves!
- The festive Holiday Bear is soft and has a squeaker as well, so it should be perfect for both play and snuggling at the end of a busy day!
We’ll be sharing more about the fun had with these toys throughout the week as our pre-Christmas festivities. They aren’t spending all of their time in the crate (dogs or toys)! Don’t forget that all of West Paw’s toys are Made in the USA (Bozeman, Montana) and their plush toys are stuffed with eco-friendly IntelliLoft® fill made from recycled bottles, and they are machine washable.
While it is too late for you to receive these toys for Christmas directly from West Paw, you can find the Mitten and Holiday Bear in our Amazon Influencer store by clicking here*, and with expedited shipping get it on time. West Paw also sells in many retail stores, we have quite a few in our area where we can find them. You can visit their retailer locator by clicking here, and get out to do some last minute local shopping! Your dog will be happy you did!