Luke got a new memory foam pet bed from Layla Sleep! It has become not just a place for a nice nap, but a complete hangout for him! It’s currently covered with toys (and stuffing from said toys), and tucked in a corner of our living room, where it’s become a safe haven for him.
*Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Layla Sleep, but Wag ‘n Woof Pets only shares about products we have tried and believe in. All opinions are our own. Layla Pet is not responsible for the content of this article. Some links in this post are affiliate, we may receive a small commission if you order through them.*
We received our bed in the large size not long after Christmas. When hubby and I saw the box, we thought, holy cow, this is a big bed (there was no excess packaging, it filled the whole box)! Where are we going to put it? I had moved Luke’s crate out of our living room when we had company for Christmas, and we decided not to put it back. It was quite large and blocked light from the sliding glass door, and he didn’t use it all that much anymore.
The spot where it had been was perfect for his new bed, it tucks right in the corner without blocking any light. I think he loves that it’s more open than the crate was, and he can keep an eye out the window when he is lying there.
I love that this Layla Pet Bed* has options – it’s flippable for different firmness. One side is flat and firm, the other is textured, soft, and has more air flow. The memory foam benefits Luke’s joints; that’s important to me with his bad knees and as he ages. When I first put the bed out, I put the softer side up. Luke wasn’t interested, but as soon as I flipped it over to the firm side he hopped right on to try it out. Now he likes either side.
What else do we love about the Layla Pet Bed?
- It is super durable. Luke is one of those dogs that scratches his area before lying down. I cannot see any spots where he’s left any marks.
- The memory foam is copper infused, which means it is cooler, more sanitary, and super comfy.
- The zippered cover is machine washable.
- The surrounding fabric on the bed is liquid resistant and the bed itself is liquid proof, water just beads up on it. Yup, I tested it!
- This pet bed is made in the USA and is certified safe for home use by CertiPUR-US. With so many questionable man-made materials out there, that’s important to us.
- Shipping is free (and quick at 1-3 days), the beds are guaranteed and refundable and come with a one-year warranty.
By the way, this bed is not just for dogs! It’s for cats or any pet you want it to be for, and it comes in 3 sizes. Luke’s large is perfect for his 60-lb frame with plenty of room for him to stretch out, or curl up with his toys. Heck, I think I might like to curl up in it for a nap! (Layla does sell mattresses for humans as well!).
I think this bed will be quite comfy for Luke in the summer, especially if using the side with more air flow. Luke really likes either side and I just flip it over every so often to give him some variety (when I’m cleaning out all the stuffing from his toys!). For him it is more than just a bed, it’s a place to take his toys to play with that is comfortable and good for his joints!
I’m excited that Layla Sleep has generously agreed to give away one bed to one lucky reader! Simply fill out the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win a Layla Sleep pet bed in your choice of size!