When our canine girls Cricket and Sheba were younger, we didn’t know a lot about feeding them healthy food. We did the best we could with what we knew at the time. Now we know so much more, and it’s been important to us to get Luke on a healthy track while he is still young. Feeding him (and now his sisters as well) grain free, protein rich foods is what’s working for us.
This post is sponsored by Wellness® Natural Pet Food and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated to help share the reinvented Complete Health Line and other Wellness Products, but we only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. Wellness is not responsible for the content of this article.
Luke has some issues that sometimes limit what we can do with him. He loves to ride in the car but at times gets a little overstimulated and reactive – barking at everything he sees, including cars that are just following us! As we work on different ways to try to calm him down in the car, we limit his travels to shorter trips.
We are pleased with how he’s been doing since we switched him to the Wellness® Complete Health™ Grain Free Line (if only food could fix his emotional issues!). He is lean and energetic, his digestion has been great, and his coat is soft and shiny. When we learned that PetSmart® carries many of the Wellness grain free products in their stores, we would have loved to take a drive and check it out for ourselves! But our closest store is an hour’s drive away.
In addition to that, Luke is not a dog who can visit stores, he is too fearful of strangers. I have visited that store when on shopping trips with the girls, and I just love wandering the aisles looking at all of the fun pet products they carry. It’s great to see the people that bring in their own dogs for a visit. Maybe someday we will be able to do that with Luke, it’s something we strive for in training with him.
What is it that attracts me to the Wellness food, other than the fact that Luke is doing so well on it? It goes beyond the bright and colorful bags that draw your eye when you see them on a store shelf, or in our case, on our computer screen – online is the way we do most of our pet shopping!
It’s the Wellness philosophy that appeals even more to me. They say that they don’t just make food, they “Create Wellness™“. They take dog nutrition seriously, using wholesome and natural ingredients. Through working with them on this campaign, I’ve learned a lot about how they operate:
- Their team consists of a diverse group of animal lovers, nutritionists and vets with one mission: helping to provide our pets with healthy, happy, and long lives. They do whatever it takes to create the healthiest foods they can for their customers’ pets.
- In the 1990’s their team began working with animal nutrition experts, veterinarians and scientists to develop a food that would revolutionize the pet food industry; Wellness recipes for dogs were introduced in 1997 and cat recipes were added in 2000.
- Every ingredient they add to these foods has a purpose. They study until they’re confident of its health benefit, they never add ingredients just to have the newest buzzword on the label. They believe the way to make superior food for our animals is not just to leave out fillers and artificial ingredients, but to put in simple, pure and authentic ingredients:
- They use high quality proteins sourced from trustworthy suppliers; deboned poultry, lean meats, and fresh fish. These quality sources of protein help build and maintain lean muscle mass.
- Healthy fats like chicken fat and salmon oil support healthy skin and coat and proper body function.
- A variety of fresh and dried fruits and vegetables that are rich in nutrients provide flavor and fiber.
- Prebiotics and probiotics keep intestinal bacteria in proper balance, leading to proper absorption of nutrients and helping to digest food more efficiently.
We encourage you to seek out this food as well! Shopping online is OK, it’s what works for us living in a rural area without a lot of shopping variety. Given a choice I bet you’d also love to take your dog for a visit to your local store. With over 1300 stores in the USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico, you probably have one nearby; click here to search.
When you get there, you’ll find that Wellness offers a grain free option for every dog and every budget. Starting on July 6th and through the end of that month, Luke’s favorite Complete Health Products are $2.00 off! (Wellness also offers their Grain Free Core lineup, and that is $2.00 off for the month of June).
If you’re like us, and shopping online is your only option, you can follow this link to find Wellness at PetSmart online.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wellness® Natural Pet Food. The opinions and text are all mine.