By Luke Keefe
The Momz got so busy we had to skip a month of Pet Treater again! So I was quite excited when our box came for July, and the Momz said I could write our post. When I saw this month’s loot, I thought “It’s just like they know me and my sissies!” They know that it’s been all about summer around here, and that we are a patriotic crew and love everything red, white, and blue!
Our regular readers also know that it’s the Summer of Sheba. If you don’t know, my big golden sissie has cancer and this might be our last summer with her. I told the Momz I wanted to give this month’s box to her. I’ve been our official Pet Treater review guy, because I’m such a good model, but I still always share with my big sissies. So I also knew Sheba would share back! The Momz says, how selfless of me….well, kinda.
First thing I did was let Momz dress Sheba up with this pretty bandana. I have to admit it looks pretty good on her, even though blue is MY color.
The theme for this month’s box is “Dog Days of Summer” – perfect! Pet Treater must have also known that just about every day is a pool party around here! No pool party is complete without cooking on the grill, right? So I told the Momz I would be happy to cook up these Grill-icious All Natural Treats from Loving Pets. Momz loves that they are Made in the USA, and have no by-products or preservatives. They have two ingredients only – meat and sweet potato. We got turkey and beef flavor – yum!
Oh, I guess they don’t even have to be grilled! Yahoo – let’s dig in then!
Then we can wash our treats down with some fresh cold water from our new Frosty Bowl. All you have to do is freeze the core of the bowl for two hours, and then your water will stay cold for up to 8 hours!
You might wonder what else was in my – I mean, Sheba’s, fun box this month! Sheba was a little afraid of the box at first, but I showed her it was safe to just stick your nose right in there and pick out what you want first!
- Sheba chose the patriotic star frosted cookie. It’s carob peanut butter flavor and made by Emmy’s Gourmet Canine Creations. As always, the Momz had to check out the ingredients list and she approved too!
- The Momz will be making us some frozen treats soon in the silicone tray with bones and paws shapes. Pet Treater included a recipe for Pupsicles that sticks right to the refrigerator so she won’t forget!
- I’m going to kind of gloss over the Spa-in-a-Sponge that is infused with shampoo that is good for 6 or more baths. Hopefully she does forget about that!
- Sheba didn’t want to play with the ASPCA Rope Toy in patriotic colors, Momz, honest. I didn’t growl at her when she tried to see it! Fine….I’m sorry, Sheba, you can play with it too, after your nap.
- Last but not least, they always include something for the Momz! This month it was a “chill tube cooling towel”. That will come in handy for Momz since it’s been getting pretty hot out and she doesn’t usually get in the pool to cool off like we do, when we’re out playing ball. I bet she’ll take it to the beach this summer too (we’re letting her go away for one weekend with the girls).
Thanks, Pet Treater, for adding some more fun to our Summer of Sheba!
We have really been enjoying our Pet Treater boxes. If you think your dog or dogs might enjoy one too, here are all the details:
Subscriptions start at $24.99 and go down to $19.99 for a 12 month subscription, and others are available in between. The subscriptions auto renew, but you can cancel at any time. They even have a one time box for $34.99 if you want to give it a try before committing. Email a photo of your pet enjoying their goodies to firstname.lastname@example.org and your dog could be their next PET OF THE MONTH!
Be sure to use our discount codes! You can choose between receiving a free bed; code PT-BED, or getting $5.00 off your first box: code LOVE-PT5.
Disclaimer: We were provided with one Pet treater box in exchange for our fair and honest review. We were in no other way compensated, and Wag ‘n Woof Pets only shares products we believe will be of interest to our readers. All opinions are our own.