We really had a lot of fun with our “Jelly Bean VS Nosy Bean – Who’s the Most Active Dog?” contest. We know you’ve all been waiting for the winner to be revealed!
Was it Cricket AKA Jelly Bean, seen here on the run while playing? Or….
….Luke AKA Nosy Bean, seen here lying on the deck while his older sister is running after the ball?
I think we were all fooled by that comparison, because the winner is…..LUKE! While Cricket is “all in” when she plays fetch, she might just wear herself out too quickly. Luke illustrates “slow and steady wins the race.” While he doesn’t run hard playing fetch like Cricket, he’s on the move throughout the day. The video below might just show why he won:
The voting tally, counting votes made in the comments section and on the Rafflecopter, was Cricket: 28, and Luke 21. Cricket wants you to know that she greatly appreciates your support and your faith in her! We still think she does pretty darn well for a 12 year old lady. We will be contacting the winner of our prize pack giveaway today.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Poof Activity Tracker. All opinions are our own; Wag ‘n Woof Pets only shares products we believe will be of interest to our readers. This post also contains affiliate links.
Our Review of the Poof Bean Tracker
In short, we LOVE it. I was pleasantly surprised with just how easy it is to use, and how much information it gives.
When we received our two bean trackers, one in blue and one in coral, all we had to do was plug them in to charge (charger included), which didn’t take long at all, then they were ready to go. You have the option of a tag ring to hang it off the collar, or a collar holster. We decided to use the holster, and it was simple to put over their collars.
Then we easily found the app in the iPhone app store (it is available on Google Play as well). I entered each dog’s information, and then the Bluetooth capability made it easy to sync the bean with the phone (just make sure only one bean is within range, I had both too close and did have to re-do one of them). You can enter as many pets as you like in the app – and yes, this is for cats too!
Other features of the Poof Bean:
- The battery is rechargeable and the charge lasts about 60 days. The app tracks this for you to let you know where you’re at.
- It’s waterproof – Cricket demonstrates that in the below photo, you can see the coral color bean on her collar.
- Many colors available! Luke has the blue, which you might have seen on his collar in the video.
- There is another tracker available, the Pea, which is round and a bit larger. It has a replaceable battery which lasts about 6 months.
What does the app track?
- Exercise. Time as well as intensity. Here are some examples of some of the reports you can get.
- Sleep. While I haven’t paid a lot of attention to this part so far (I’m pretty sure both dogs get plenty of quality sleep!), I can see some great applications for this information. There have been times I might have thought one of the dogs was sleeping more than usual. This could be a great way to know for sure, especially important with senior pets, and maybe a clue that they are not feeling well. The app provides information and graphs for daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly activity and sleep so you can really do a good comparison.
- Calories. There is a large database of foods available, and we were happy to find the food we feed in there. The app also gives a suggestion of serving sizes, and I was also pleased to see that their suggestion lined up exactly with what we feed!
- There is a community for sharing and comparing your pet’s activities to others.
- Lost pet alert. You can report your pet lost and other users in the area can see your pet if they go within their range.
- Local shelter list in app.
- You can join challenges and win prizes.
- Easy posting to social media.
- Know how active your pet was while you were at work or away. I can see uses for this. If we’re having work done around the house, I can see whether Luke was more active and upset by it, or if he just slept his normal amount.
- 100% of proceeds from all sales go to GreaterGood.org, an organization that helps animal shelters.
I think the Poof Activity Trackers are fun as well as useful. Even though my dogs are a little less active when compared to others than I was hoping for, that’s exactly what keeps me motivated to do more with them, and we are working on doing better since we started using these.
Are you ready to see how active your pet is? Order your Poof Pet Activity Tracker through our affiliate link by clicking here and use our code WAGWOOF for 50% off!!