By Luke Keefe
The Momz may not want you to know how old she really is, so let’s just say she was a child of the 60’s and 70’s, and a wild child in the 80’s. You can do the math. Every time she heard the name Rock ’N Bowl™, she’d think of Rock ‘n Roll! My K-9 sissies and I knew we were going to have to take over this post before it went somewhere it shouldn’t. Trust us, what happened in the 80’s is far better left in the 80’s; we’ve heard the stories and seen the photos!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Paw5 Rock ‘N Bowl; we were compensated in exchange for our fair and honest review. Wag ‘n Woof Pets only shares products we believe will be of interest to our readers. All opinions are our own.
I drew the short straw and was put in charge of talking Momz down from some crazy ideas, and taking over writing this post. After thinking about it for a bit, she knew we were right. We did indulge her just a little bit:
We talked her out of video with a heavy metal band playing in the background (that music is TOO LOUD for dogs with sensitive ears), and into just telling you about this cool way to feed your dogs, or to give them a fun puzzle game to play.
The Rock ‘N Bowl came at the perfect time for us. Cricket is having a bad spell with her arthritis so play time has been reduced. We needed some other ideas to stimulate her brain, other than learning some of my nose works.
This bowl is a lot more fun than those slow feeder bowls that we have to eat out of. Unfortunately for us, we have supplements added to our food so we rarely eat plain dry kibble. But if you do, this would be perfect for you! If you’re like us, and don’t, then it is also an awesome puzzle game.
We really had a lot of fun with these bowls, and Momz could see our brains working to figure it out. The girls were especially funny because both of them dumped some kibble out of it, but were so obsessed with smelling through the paw holes in the top, they didn’t even notice they’d done it at first! Sheba even backed off and barked at it once – I’m tellin’ ya, my sissies do not like to work for their food! They couldn’t understand why that bowl didn’t just dispense treats automatically – hee hee.
What are some of the other features you should know about, besides the fact that your dog can have a blast with it while stimulating their mind as well?
- It’s attractive and easy to fill! We were lucky enough to get one of each color, and we love them both. The size is perfect for any dog.
- It’s Made in the USA in a zero-waste process, from BPA and phthalate-free plastic. Momz thinks that’s especially important.
- It is easy to clean, breaking down into 3 top rack dishwasher safe parts (also important to Momz!).
- We’re all watching our weight here, so Momz didn’t fill it up for us, but it will hold up to 4 cups of food.
- We also really like the “4 from 5” philosophy of this company: They “tread lightly, commit fully, design thoughtfully and actively give back to the world in which we live”.
Rock ‘N Bowl: “Part bowl, part puzzle, ALL DOG”.