In this post:
- Are you #TeamDog or #TeamCat? Have you entered the contest yet?
- Teaser video for the commercial everyone is waiting for – you don’t want to miss this!
- A House Divided – How does a household of dogs, cats, and humans line themselves up for #TheLucyBowl?
If you missed our other post about The Lucy Pet Foundation and their ground breaking TV commercial airing on Super Bowl Sunday during the Kitten Bowl, you can read all about them by clicking here. This commercial, featuring stunning visual effects, is going to be exciting and aims to raise awareness about the importance of spaying/neutering your pets, and to draw attention to the 80,000 pets euthanized in shelters each week due to overpopulation.
1. You can enter The Lucy Pet Foundation’s photo contest by sharing a photo of your own pet with their #TeamCat or #TeamDog photo via Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Just include the statement: “The biggest Bowl commercial this year may be #TheLucyBowl on Kitten Bowl” along with the hashtag #TheLucyBowl and @LucyPetFdn (Twitter/Instagram) or @LucyPetFoundation (Facebook). You have a chance to win one of two iPad minis and Team jerseys, or one of four #TeamDog or #TeamCat sport packs. Digital manipulation of photos is allowed; click here for full details and other ways to enter. Hurry, you only have until February 1st!
2. Don’t miss this sneak peak commercial video teaser!
3. With a household of 3 dogs and 2 cats here at Wag ‘n Woof Pets, how are we to divide ourselves? Since the cats are outnumbered, I offered to join their team, showing this old photo of myself and my cat spirit:
What was our cat Samantha’s reply to this? “Um, Momz, what happened in the 80’s really should stay in the 80’s! I mean, the hair, really? It’s OK, I got this.” Apparently, she didn’t need my help, or even the help of her elderly feline brother, Conrad, who isn’t much into sports (unless you consider eating and sleeping sports). She got her own team together.
The dogs were not to be outdone, and had their own little scrimmage to demonstrate their spirit.
They didn’t want to be outnumbered by Sam’s team of four though, so tried to recruit the Dadz to their team. Um, he was busy….and apparently, if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em.
So there you have it, we’re a house divided but there will be plenty of cheering during #TheLucyBowl! Don’t forget, it’s on Super Bowl Sunday airing during the Kitten Bowl which starts at noon on the Hallmark Channel. Hope you’ll be there too!
Disclaimer: This post was brought to you in an effort to raise awareness about Lucy Pet Foundation’s upcoming ethical pet population campaign. Lucy Pet Foundation provided all images and information about the commercial, and will be entering our site into a drawing for a chance to win $500 for a 501c3 rescue of our choice! We were in no other way compensated. If you are a blogger interested in spreading the word about this campaign, while also enjoying the chance to earn a donation for your favorite rescue, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request more information.